Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs), vaccine appointments and walk-in sessions will be available in Hull over the holiday period.
Here’s your handy guide to what’s happening, including:
- Where and how to get LFTs
- How to find your nearest vaccination walk-in centre
- How to book a booster appointment
- Where and how to get a PCR test
- Every bus serving every vaccination centre, including pharmacies
- Where to apply for a £500 grant if you cannot afford to isolate.
LFTs are only for people with no symptoms. If you have symptoms and think you may have Coronavirus, you must book a PCR test.
LFTs should be used before meeting up, either at someone’s house and as part of the isolation process if you test positive, live with someone who tests positive, or are a close contact. This is a recent change to the rules by the government. You can find a full explanation here: Stay at home: guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
You can get LFTs:
- From pharmacies. You will need a collect code, which you can get here, instantly and for free here. If you cannot use the website, call 119 to request a code. This service is not managed by the council
- Delivered to your home – this service is not managed by the council; there have been recent supply issues: Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- From collect points looked after by the council. These include libraries and customer service centres.
Libraries offering test kits to collect are:
- Fred Moore
- Freedom centre
- Greenwood Ave
- Hull central
- West Hull
For details of customer service centre and library opening hours over Christmas, plus more detail on LFTs and how to use them, check our website: https://www.hull.gov.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-community-advice-and-support/lateral-flow-testing
Our health colleagues over at Hull NHS CCG will have all the latest information on any walk-in sessions.
Check their website for regular updates and to find your nearest vaccination point. Sites include Ennerdale Leisure Centre and Hull MKM Stadium.
Local pharmacies are also offering walk-in appointments and bookings between Christmas and New Year. Check the CCG website: Hull CCG. They will also be sharing updates via their Twitter account: https://twitter.com/NHSHullCCG
You can also book appointments via the National Booking Service: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
Or, if invited you can book at your GP surgery.
Testing when you have Coronavirus symptoms
If you have symptoms which may be Coronavirus (a cough, temperature or you can’t taste food or drink) you must book a PCR test. An LFT is designed to pick up the virus when you do not have symptoms. It may not be effective once you are symptomatic, so do not reply on the result.
PCR tests must be booked online, using the government portal: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
You can go to a site or have tests delivered.
If you cannot use the site, call 119 instead.
Check the latest detail on isolating here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
If you must isolate and cannot afford to, apply for a £500 support payment on our website. https://www.hull.gov.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-community-advice-and-support/test-and-trace-support-payment
Getting to a vaccination centre
These are the buses you can use to reach a vaccination centre. Please check operating times before relying on a service over the festive period. Also check whether centres are open, and whether a booking is needed to get a vaccination.
- Alf Marshall Centre SC 2, 5, 7, 8, 12, 16
- Kingswood Health Centre SC 5, 6
- MKM Stadium SC 2, 250, 255, 350 EY 55, 63, 66b, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155
- Asda Pharmacy – Bilton Hull EY 56, 57, 277
- Brocklehurst Chemists – Hull EY 54, 56
- City Health Pharmacy – Goodwin SC 1
- City Health Pharmacy – Victoria Dock SC 16, EY 78, 79
- Hessle Pharmacy – Hessle SC 250, 255, 350 EY 55, 66b, 155
- Hull Late Night Pharmacy SC 2 EY 24, 277
- Orchard 2000 Pharmacy SC 3, 4, 5
- Sutton Manor Pharmacy SC 5,8, 12
- Tesco Pharmacy – All services Hull Interchange
- Ennerdale Leisure Centre, Sutton Rd SC 7, 8
General guidance and rules
Please bear in mind these may change quickly and with little notice. Check the government website for any announcements, and the latest information: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus