The new leader of Hull City Council and cabinet has been formally agreed at a full meeting of Hull City Council.
Councillor Mike Ross will lead the council, with Councillor Jackie Dad as deputy.
Councillor Dad will also be responsible for governance, finance, legal, HR and digital as well as leading on emergency planning.
A number of new cabinet members and portfolios have also been confirmed today as follows:
- Councillor Julia Conner – environment and public protection
- Councillor Linda Tock – children’s services
- Councillor Linda Chambers – adult services and public health
- Councillor Jan Loft – housing and homelessness
- Councillor Mark Leronimo – transportation, roads, highways and flood prevention
- Councillor Rob Pritchard – communities, crime prevention and culture
- Councillor Paul Drake-Davis – regeneration
- Councillor Dave McCobb – communications and engagement
Councillor Mike Ross, Leader of Hull City Council, said:
“I am proud to announce a new cabinet to lead the council with a mandate to listen to residents and get to grips with all the issues the city faces.
“The approach by this cabinet is to be out in communities all year round, listening to residents’ concerns and then coming back to the table with real solutions.
“This will be a team that listens and gets the basics right, and we’re looking forward to getting to work.”
All posts will start with immediate effect.