The latest stage of the multimillion-pound Stoneferry improvement scheme will see essential overnight resurfacing work take place in Stoneferry Road and Ferry Lane from Wednesday 15 December.
The work is expected to take two nights, but could run into a third night in the event of delays.
Road closures will be as follows:
Wednesday 15 December
- 7pm to 9pm: Ferry Lane closed westbound from Stoneferry Road to the Stoneferry Bridges (no access to Burger King or Ferry Lane Services).
- 7pm to 6am: Stoneferry Road closed northbound between Ann Watson Street and Bandstand Roundabout.
Thursday 16 December
- 7pm to 6am: Both sections above closed for duration of work.
Access to B&Q, Esso petrol station and Ann Watson Street will remain open as usual. Traffic exiting Ann Watson Street will be managed across the central reservation to turn south on to Stoneferry Road.
Councillor Dean Kirk, portfolio holder for transportation, roads and highways said: “With the Stoneferry improvement scheme, we are improving access and use for thousands of residents and businesses in the area.
“These closures will be overnight in order to minimise disruption and ensure this stage of the works can be completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
“Noise mitigation has been a core consideration in the selection of equipment. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
Stoneferry improvement scheme updates:
- Surfacing works to Chamberlain Roundabout, which were due to finish on Friday 10 December have taken longer than expected and will now be completed by 6am on Wednesday 15 December. Access arrangements for Lorraine Street during the closures will remain unaltered. Previous story here
- Resurfacing work to Stoneferry Road southbound and Ferry Lane Roundabout, which was due to take start on Monday 13 December, has been delayed until next year.