Leanne Fudge has been elected as the new councillor in the St Andrew’s and Dockland ward.
The results of the by-election are:
- Dan Bond (Conservative) – 193
- Leanne Fudge (Labour) – 837
- Tracey Henry (Liberal Democrats) – 805
The new political make-up of the council is:
- Labour Group – 31
- Liberal Democrat Group – 24
- Conservative and Unionist Party – 2
The turnout for the by-election was 17.9 per cent.
The by-election followed the death of long-serving councillor Nadine Fudge.
Leanne Fudge (Labour) has been elected in the St Andrew’s and Dockland Ward by-election pic.twitter.com/btufWrc1Z0
— Hull CC News (@Hullccnews) September 5, 2019
St Andrew’s and Dockland ward covers an area from the city centre to parts of Hessle Road and Anlaby Road.