If you are an EU citizen living in Hull, you need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Here are the key things to know about the scheme:
- In order to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU, EU citizens and their family members need to apply for settled status
- EU citizens must apply through a digital application process on the gov.uk website here.
- Applications can be made up until 30 June 2021 and rights will remain unchanged until then.
- The process has been tested since August 2018. So far, nearly 200,000 people have received status.
- Translated guidance is available in all 26 EU languages and Welsh.
- EU citizens that meet the requirements will continue to benefit from public services such as healthcare and schools, public funds and pensions and British citizenship.
Watch the video explaining the scheme below:
Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes said: “It is my priority to make sure that EU citizens, who have built their lives here and who have contributed so much to our society, continue to feel welcome in the UK.
“I want EU citizens to stay and to continue to call the UK their home and I would encourage all EU citizens to apply now the scheme has gone live.”
Get more details here.